Short stories.

The midnight date.

08:04 Shrey Katsura 0 Comments


It was half past ten when she invited me over to her place as her parents were away for the night.
"I wanna drink the world's best coffee you make so that we can be awake all night and cherish each other as if its our last." Re-reading her text I smiled.
Now its a difficult task getting there at night as the people of her society strolls around at night for one last gossip before going to the bed.
I knew if anyone saw me,she will be in trouble.
I put on my Batman hoodie and went out."Time to put my stealth skills to use,"I told myself.        An hour of hiding and non-hiding resulted in me being just one house away from her's.
What happened next is still a mystery to me even after all these years and I have a vivid memory of that.
Just when I came out of my hiding spot to enter her place,I saw her barging outside looking all 
worried and pale until she turned right and saw me.
Tears in her eyes she came and hugged me tightly in her arms.
"So much for not being seen eh my cat woman?" I whisper  under my breath.
Surprisingly all that crying did not affected her looks at all as she looked breathtakingly beautiful as always and I was wonder struck. Was it my illusion? Who knows.
Of course the gossip lady(her neighbor) had seen us by then but we didn't care.
The clock struck midnight and the fireworks started.
Everyone was celebrating the coming of a new year.
We were celebrating the feeling of being in love.