general

Reflecting back on 2018 and gazing my way towards 2019.

08:06 Shrey Katsura 0 Comments


2018 has been a blissful year for me, that’s why this post is even more important.
As we all count the remaining days off for the next adventure in our lives to begin.
I personally wanted to reflect on my journey thus far in 2018.
Like I already mentioned, 2018 has been a blissful and magical year for me, something I wasn’t really expecting because the past few years have been the most haunting years of my life and when 2018 started I wasn’t expecting this one to be any different.
But then I’m an optimistic person. If anything Adam’s music has taught me thus far is that its hope that we can always rely on and fortunately I did just that.
This blog grew up to be such a huge affair, I got my dream job ( and is getting paid for it, which I never fail to mention), and most importantly found myself as a writer.
At the beginning of this year, my first and foremost goal was to start this blog.
Take a huge leap forward and don’t look back, and for the most part, I did that.
I poured my vision, my perspective, everything I feel in here.
As I grow up, every day I have this realisation that I’m a difficult person to understand and be with and so this blog has been even more immensely important to me because this is the only way I can express my true feelings for everyone and everything around me.
Anyways getting back to the blog, I’m really grateful how far we have come as a family.
The Katsura Family has received more than 8000 views as of now which accounts to an average of  600 views every month. Time after time, I have acknowledged how much grateful I’m for every single view, because of all them reflect just one thing- your faith in me, and that means the world.

So umm 2018 right? Why was it different than other years of my life? I mean yes the blog means the world to me but what else?
Well, to be honest, I think this year has been all about me finding myself.
Yeah it sounds very cliché and weird but trust me I hadn’t really discovered myself I guess until now.
The more I indulged into writing and thinking, my perspective started to change, I grew as a person, I started defining myself, I figured out my character and what role I have to play in this world. This actually changed the way I think and approach things.
I started accepting things, I started accepting myself, believing in myself and trust me that means a lot.
People tend to judge themselves a lot but I believe now that doesn’t take us anywhere.
You just gotta let it go, take a deep breath, and in your veins, in your blood, your true nature will flow and that’s one of the best feelings in the world, accepting yourself the way you are.
So yes, at the end of 2018, I’m more original than I was back at the beginning of this year if that makes any sense?
Okay, enough of my personal shit.

Looking up into the horizon, in 2019, I want to take this blog to an unprecedented height and I have a lot of things planned.
As I mostly write on the basis of my emotions, not for the sake of pouring out contents, there might be some delay every now and then but trust me I’ll  be posting more often than I did this year.
For the things, I’m currently working on,
Well, frankly I have three things planned for now.

One of them is which I announced is the prequel to my first original series “Life is a Cherry Blossom Tree,” which I’m immensely proud of.
It’s actually not a prequel but a deep dive into the past years of one of the most important characters and the one that ’s closet to my heart- Kumi Ishikawa.
As one of my best friends once said that “ Kumi is your moulded piece of art.”
I find it incredibly beautiful and mesmerising to give more life to this beauty I myself created. Look out for “The Starry Kumi Ishikawa” you guys, I will try not to disappoint.
Aside this, since I get strangely attached to the things that I watch and play, characters I have met and continue to do so in Animes, Video games and other media inspire me like none other and so I have been planning to start a fan fiction section where I’ll be writing short stories set in their worlds, the worlds I adore and love the most.
The first one in this section is “The Lone Wolf”, set in the world of The Last of Us, one of my favourite video game of all time and I’m incredibly excited to share that with you guys.
Last but not the least is a third mystery project I’m working on whose scope can’t be described at the moment, It’s something you guys won’t see coming, Its completely new, beautiful and terrible at the same, This new project is actually for me, how I look at the world and I believe it will help me grow as a person as well as a writer, and I’m hoping you guys would be able to relate to it when it comes out.
In the end, I just wanna say that all I have is gratitude towards God, myself and some of the most interesting personalities I met throughout this year for making 2018 for me what it has been so far. To finally learning to live life to its fullest and I’m incredibly proud of where I’m standing as of now- Independent, Original with no regrets to hold me back.

In 2019, I don’t wanna change the world, I just wanna paint my own version of it.



Arigato gozaimasu!

0 comments: