Short stories.

Just a crush.

10:03 Shrey Katsura 0 Comments

This story has been inspired by Grace vanderwaal's song

 "Just a crush"and I do not own the credits of the lyrics I have used here.

It was recess and me along with my best buddies were hanging around our favorite hideout in the cafeteria.
Checking out girls was a common affair during our free time as all of us were hopelessly single at the moment.
 "Check that one out,holy shit is she a vampire or what?!" One of my friends exclaimed.
I looked around,a girl somewhat of our age,jet black long hair,untied.
Nails black coated and with that black outfit and pale skin she looked no different than a vampire would look if they were real.
Five years ago such a girl would have had my attention because back then dark stuffs used to allure me.
Fast forward to now,light hearted is more of  my kind.
So I as plugged in my headphones to avoid the same conversation about random  ladies everyday I had no interest in,I noticed her.
Damm she was  a sunshine amidst all the darkness around her.The girl sitting beside that vampire like  creature  my friends 
were all into had caught my attention and I couldn't take my eyes off her.
Long black hair down till her neck,tied in a pony.Round black spectacles which kept falling down to her nose.
Her brightly colored clothes which depicted a very charming personality  of her's.
That cute, innocent, perfectly shaped face and that smile she had, Or was she blushing?
Just like me she had her headphones on as well,trying to ignore the real world and finding solitude somewhere else.
Her big brown eyes which goodness gracious had seen me staring absentmindedly  at her and were now staring at  me back.
Surprisingly my friends had failed to notice her just like everyone else in the entire cafeteria it seemed,
as she looked as simple as an espresso black coffee which nobody drinks nowadays.
But then I always have preferred the classics.

"You're looking at me
I'm looking at you
This is never gonna sort itself out
I don't know what will do".

The song played in the background as we continued our staring game.
Our eyes were lost in an intense conversation,one which my brain had no idea about.
She didn't look away and neither did I as our eyes entwined our souls.

"And yes it'd be nice
To hold hands once in a while
But you're over here
Planning like wild."

I stood up and took off my headphones.
It was time to go back to the class and
I was shocked at how I failed to notice how quickly an hour went by.
I gave her one last smile and walked past her.
It was one of the best sixty minutes I had ever spent.