series.,

Life is a Cherry Blossom Tree.( Chapter 6.5)

08:07 Shrey Katsura 0 Comments

A Dreamer's tale 2.


"Do you want to go on a real date next time?" She asked.
"I promise I won't run away this time," I said as we started laughing.
We kissed again.

Her lips felt so divine, so warm. Warmer than the cosiest blanket I could wrap myself  in.
As we exchanged the flow of love, my body started to melt away. The blood oozing inside my veins were no less than the boiling steam.

I held her tight around the waist. Clinging on to her like that passing butterfly on a windy evening who would try its everything to stick on to the branch
At that instant, she was my branch, and I was her butterfly. But no wonder wind was pulling her away from me, I didn’t need such external forces to cling onto her. The avalanche of emotions running wild inside me was enough.

We didn’t stop. At the moment of the night, when the world died, we lived. I lived, for the first time.
As I embraced her tightly into my soul, my body asked for hers. I wanted her, I wanted her to be a part of me. I wanted us to intertwine and we did. Her blood, I could taste it on my lips. They tasted of my redemption. A process of purification, cleansing my self with the passing of her life into mine. I might have collapsed if we were not so tightly wrapped into each other.

Her lips, that lively blood that continued to ooze and into my mouth were the honey to the restless bees inside my stomach. And so I bit her lips harder.
She didn’t stop me. And I, lost in the whirlwind of the emotions that my heart still carried around couldn’t care less.


“On second thought,” She said after we finally resumed the flowing of time around us.
“Would it be okay we go on that real date now?” She asked. Those shining eyes.
Now when I looked at them up so closely, I realized that they were just like mine.
Were identical eyes even a thing? I wondered.

“What are you staring at? I know I have the prettiest of eyes but still.” Said Kumi, rolling her heavenly vision away from me as the sweetest of a smile graced her lips.

“Twin eyes, we got twin eyes,” I whispered, pulling away from my hands from her.
“Do we now?” She asked as her thoughts took her mind someplace far away.
I wondered what she was thinking.
Her tiny brows frowned. They didn’t leave much space between themselves as if they were one.
I wanted us to be as close as her eyebrows.  The lines on her forehead dissolved and appeared every now and then, in a rhythm similar to our heartbeat.
These little things reminded me of how much she was alive, how much she was real. As if my mind still to some extent thought that we were in a dream.
Who would want such a dream to end?


She was imperfectly so perfect, this world couldn’t have asked for anything else.

 “Let me check.” She said, finally broking the silence while touching my eyelashes.
My eyes closed itself, being touched so gently wasn’t really something I was used to.
“It’s true. They were right all along” She said with the widest of the grin.
They? I wondered whom she was referring to.
Her touch made my heart race like a skateboard down the hill. Unlike that road, this one didn’t come to an end.

“So umm where should we go? It’s already past 10.” I asked, looking up at those glistening eyes, somehow I wasn’t afraid of them like any others.

She answered me by turning around and walking.
Confused, I started walking as well with a sense of excitement and disparity. Both hitting me from both ends of the world. She walked faster than normal. Balancing her feet so confidently on those narrow railings of the bridge as if death didn’t scare her. I wished I could walk into her shoes.


“There’s a mountain right behind Hakuo.” She spoke as we continued to walk into the coldness of the night.
I following her shadow.
“The moon looks the prettiest from there.”

I didn’t utter a single word. We just walked. The silent around us our only company.
Taking a right from the Hakuo’s front gate we continued straight, then took a left after reaching the edge of the campus boundary and continued uphill.
The mountain was completely hidden behind our school’s 11 floored building and god knows anybody even knew it existed. As she walked silently in front of me, her high knot pony swinging to and fro into the moonlight I couldn’t help but wonder.
First the tree-house and now this mountain, I had no idea how many other hideouts she had in entire Japan. The most important question that kept lingering was why she was taking me there.
These places contained a part of her soul, by taking me there she was letting me in, letting me into her world. The world unknown to the others.

As I continued thinking about her and my own uncharted feelings that I had been carrying inside for quite some time she suddenly came to halt and looked at me.
I smiled at her pretty face which glistened even in this obnoxious darkness that surrounded us, It’s like if the moonlight didn’t guide us, her face would.
. Without uttering a word she came and held my hands, and we started walking together.
No more was I following her shadow, our shadows became one.


It took us about 30 minutes to reach the summit of that little hill. All around us were tiny mushrooms growing in an uneven pattern, they danced under the magic of this enchanting moonlight without any hesitation or a sense of discomfort, a reflection of complete freedom. I wondered whether she came here when she needed to feel the same.

“Do you believe in fate Rin?” She asked earnestly. Her gaze straight into mine. Strangely enough, they travelled right inside me, exactly into the part of my wounded heart which made it skip a beat.
I was at loss of words. All I could do was stare right into her eyes. Those close set fountain of chocolates were so similar to mine. Why and how was this possible I hadn’t the faintest of the idea.
“Right now, at this moment Kumi, all I believe in is you,” I said.
She blushed, her twinkling eyes clearly indicating how she felt.

“Ayano and Kyou, they told me one day I’ll meet someone with eyes similar to mine.” She said as the gentle breeze played with our hair.
“They told me I would fall hopelessly in love with that person and would do anything and everything to protect them.” she continued as I listened, taking in her every word.

My insides had frozen, my mind was blank like an empty bottle. The words she spoke passed from my mind and into my heart, right where they belonged.
As my sleeping soul awakened, I was astonished at the amount of tears it brought in my eyes. Tears I thought were dried up, lost forever in this crazy world I lived in. No, they were still there, waiting to be reawakened, waiting to be re-loved, re-cared, re-nourished.

“I look at you Rin, I see such sadness, the sadness I want to drag you out of. I want you to show how beautiful this world is. I want to hold your hands, I want to take away you away to a magical place where you would find out what being alive actually means. I want you to breathe, I want you to laugh, I want to hold you in my arms, I want to heal you, I want to heal your beautiful soul and set it free so that it can find its place in this world. And together I want us to journey, a journey to the place where wishes come true. We can only do this if we are together.”

I looked at her face the entire time she spoke, that concern in her eyes she carried, the love that preceded it made me confuse. Why me, I didn’t deserve all this. Her smile looked so welcoming, she was an angel who wanted to save me, carry me away with her to a beautiful world far far away, the one I had dreamt of for so long. She was the one I had been waiting for all long, every path, every obstacle I faced, every time I died, it was for this moment so that she can revive me, revive the damaged Rin Kobayashi once again so that he can finally live.

As the fountain of tears fell down my cheeks after what seems like an eternity, my heart relaxed for the first time in years. She came and hugged me tightly. Her arms around my neck grazed my hair, I cried onto her shoulder. Letting out everything that I had been carrying on for so long. So long that my mind couldn’t comprehend the passage of time that had flown.
The moonlight shone brightly upon us, our heads. The wind stopped and admired us for what seems like forever.

“Rin?”
”Kumi?”
“Will you go out with me?”
Smiling and crying, I said something I never expected I would. But that’s how life is. It pulls you back right in when you’re about to give in. When the intensity of the darkness is the brightest, that is when the sun starts to rise.

“It’s the real world, everything is alive, she’s here. She asked you a question, answer it honestly.” my mind told me.
“Only if you be my compass and I be your north,” I said as we chuckled.

That night, we spent holding hands and looking at the moon as it hid away behind the clouds as the morning rays approached us with open arms.
And just like we promised each other , we embraced it with our heart and soul.



0 comments: