series.,

The Lost pages from The Lucid Dreams-1

06:34 Shrey Katsura 0 Comments


She was sleeping right in front of me, her sweet soft breathe whispering to my left palm.
Her forehead didn’t reflect the slightest amount of responsibilities and the burden she carried around with her all day. The Starry Kumi Ishikawa they called her. My Kumi Ishikawa.

We were in her tree house,  her own little world which she found me worthy enough to share with.
It was New Year’s Eve. We had decided to welcome the first light together, our first and last new year together before we went to our respective universities.
It was snowing outside, The cold air outside wasn’t enough to freeze my heartbeat but the thought of her moving away from me did.

Her breathing, which when looked from outside would look like any other soul breathing in oxygen for life but for me, that little action defined my whole life, my whole world. She was that precious to me.

I continued to stare at her absentmindedly when suddenly she clutched my little finger closest to her hand tightly. I thought she was dreaming.
A scary dream perhaps? She has had such encounters in the past.
Blushing I kissed that warm palm of her and to my surprise, a mischievous smile graced her sparkling teeth.

“Hey what happened to sleeping hmm?” I asked, my beady brown eyes asking her shiny close set ones in the most earnest way possible. Did I ever tell that we had twin eyes?
She chuckled, her voice being a fuel to my downtrodden thoughts.

“Oh, I was just pretending to see whether you check out  only my hands when I’m asleep or more.” She said, grinning her widest of the grin.
“But you were not making a move and I was getting bored you know, just lying there.” She continued, rolling her eyes leftward, a gesture she only used when she blushed.
“Oh, so that’s the way the wind blows hmm? I might have been analyzing you from afar through my eagle vision. You never know.” I winked as a pillow hit me on my head in reflex.

The wind picked up outside, it was as if they were excited for the new year to come. The trees and the little animals who lived nearby were probably dancing and celebrating in their own way I wondered.I could hear foxes howling every now and then as if they were all gathering up for a midnight treat. The New year provided everyone with a reset button right? A reason to celebrate? I didn’t want to reset anything. Every moment with her I spent was a celebration on its own.

“You reading dark stuff again? How many times I told you not to?” She said in a firm voice after seeing the book I was holding in my right hand. She came out of the rosy blanket and sat straight over it, her face inches away from mine, the face she only made it when it was time for Intervention.

I thought for a moment before answering.
“ I read dark stuff to make myself realize the importance of my life. To make myself grateful for what I have and how it's much much better than the characters suffering in those fictions. This gives me a little hope when I’m down.” I said, looking downwards.

At times it was hard to gaze straight into her deep dark eyes. If you looked closely you would notice how every little vein in there was clinging tightly to each other, making it one big unit, an indestructible force, ready to face any and every obstacle life threw at her. Every time I looked at her, this thought would flash up in my mind, making me fall in love with her even more, how proud I was of her  I couldn’t describe.
  
“But why are you feeling down Rin? Is something up?” She asked, her tone becoming serious every passing second.
I had to break the ice. Suddenly the atmosphere inside was colder than the Hirishawa lake nearby.
I got up from the chair I was sitting on and walked towards the little square window at the rightmost side of the tree house.

“Well you know, since you are moving to Kyoto in a few months to study music,” I continued as  I gathered the little snow stacked up on the window pane. “I won’t be able to do this anymore-” I said as I ran and jumped over the bed, my frosty left hand that had the snow splashed all across her face and down her neck.
She hated it and that made me want to do it even more, sometimes though. It was almost impossible to mess with her.

”Ugh, Rin!” She screamed after kicking me out of the bed as I rolled around laughing and holding my stomach. There were only so little of times when she didn’t hate pranks like these and I never failed to take advantage of such moments.

“You know if you just want a reason to touch me, you don’t have to be so ditzy.” She said in a sarcastic tone while making a poker face.
I was still laughing my head off on the floor and before I could answer her the faint sound of fireworks in the distance grazed our ears.
“IT’S NEW YEAR ALREADY?! shit!’” She said while jumping out of the bed and looking towards the window.
Unfortunately, we couldn’t see a thing but who cared.

”So umm ain’t kissing during midnight brings good luck throughout the year?” I winked.
“Oh no no you ain’t getting away so easily with the prank you pulled out just now!” She said while laughing and jumped back to the bed.
“But that’s like a tradition” I tried protesting but was cut off mid-way.
“There’s no such things as tradition or rules. We do things my way.” She said sounding all high and mighty.
I sighed, she was a queen after all and this is what I loved the most about her.
”You’re the boss lady.”

”Good, so this is what we are going to do.” She grinned as she switched on her portable speakers and put on a familiar tune, a tune that sent butterflies down my stomach.
“Come here, my king.” She said, kneeling down and asking for my hand as gracefully as possible.
: ”May I have this dance? She asked.
“You know I was thinking the same-” I said as I took her hands in mine.
”And this is why we are together. We will always be together.” She said, looking straight into my eyes and down my soul.  I did the same. 

I could see our entire future in that little moment, that ecstatic little moment made life crystal clear for me and the thought of her going away just a little far physically didn’t scare me anymore. These mere things didn’t matter when you were in love. Distance didn’t matter, surrounding didn’t matter, how different you two are didn’t matter, how much you fight didn’t matter, it didn’t matter whether one was a shade of black and the other white.
The only thing that mattered was the passion and that magic that held everything together. In this imperfect world, where almost everything was shady, this love of ours was impeccable.

Look up when the world gets you down,
And you're gonna get by.
Hang in when the world counts you out,
And you're gonna be fine.
Sometimes that's life,
Some days nothing never goes right.
But when your hand is mine
I'll be floating on cloud nine.”

We kissed.

THE END.

******************************************************************************************************


Hey Guys! Shrey here! 
Since I passionately love and adore Rin and Kumi so much, I had to pen this one down.
As I already mentioned that I'm currently writing the Prequel to my "Life is a Cherry Blossom Tree" known as "The Starry Kumi Ishikawa", I decided to fill in the long gaps in between by adding some little stories like this so expect more in the coming months.

"The Starry Kumi Ishikawa" is a very passionate project, one I have been planning since a long time and it's going to take time so please look forward to it as I pour my heart and soul into writing it. That being said, I hope you enjoyed this little slice of Rin and Kumi's ongoing romance.
Thank You!

0 comments: