fp,

An uncanny trip.

04:00 Shrey Katsura 0 Comments

 

  The lyrics used here has been  taken from the song called "A Thousand years" and I do not own the credits to it.




Fall,2014.
I was driving my parent's car swiftly one wintry evening around the locality I lived in when I received a text on my cell  phone.
I slowed down as I  checked the notification,"There yet?".
I replied in a heartbeat with one hand while I managed the wheel from the other.
Thankfully  the streets were empty then.
"Just about to." 
My parents were away for the week holidaying somewhere in North India and I had the house and the car all to myself.
I had come to meet my-eh what is she exactly to me? I wondered.
Let's just  say she's like family.
I reached the place where we were supposed to meet and as I switched off the engine and the lights of the car,I saw her.
Black jacket,grey jeans.Her long black shiny hair swirling away with the cold breeze blowing.
And her face shining as a lighting struck in the night sky as she laughed to something her friend was telling her which,my ears were too far to listen.
I got out of the car and approached her with a big smile.
I was seeing her after two years.

"You look beautiful."
"And you seemed to have gain weight." She exclaimed.
I frowned.

"And that is what you choose to notice huh?"
"C'mon let's go." As I pointed her towards my car.
She said goodbye to her friend as we went chatting away towards my car.
"So where are we headed to?" She asked,her eyes twinkling.
"I haven't thought that far yet." I chuckled as she frowned.
We drove away.
I didn't lie,I actually had no idea where to go.
So I just drove on the path till eh we were in an  uncharted territory.

"Wanna be the DJ?" I asked.
"Sure." she replied as I handed her over the aux cable.
Of all the songs she could have played she choose to play "A thousand years" which took me by surprise.
"Why this?" I asked.My eyes big.
"Just setting the mood" as she winked.
I laughed as we drove into the night with unquestionably the most romantic song being played in the background.
This is how she has always been.
Taking control to make everything seem perfect.Always being the warmest host.
Being the sweetest little thing.
The friendliest soul I have ever met.
Not to mention that she's the most pretty girl in our locality but I believe she doesn't care as her 
attitude speaks it all.
" So are you gonna tell what's up"?  She asked.
We stopped near a hill.The view was amazing.More importantly I had no idea where we were heading off  and decided to take a U turn when she insisted that we stop and take a break for a while.
We got out.
"Just the usual.We had a huge argument.She threatened to break up,etc etc." I  told her with a poker face.
"Why the heck don't you  break up with her? The bitch isn't made for you." Haven't I told you that a thousand times already?"
"Look just tell her that you are done with her abuses and can't take it anymore.

Give yourself some time man.Start living for yourself.Be a little selfish.
Just block her away from your life." She said all that in one breathe.

I looked away.
"Its not  that easy.Besides I still have feelings for her.I can't just cut it off now can I?"
My whole life is going downhill.The grades are falling down,The relationship is off the charts,
Parents probably hate me too. I shrugged.
"Relax,you have me." She smiled.One big smile.
I smiled too.Truth be told  I felt a lot better being with her.
Even though we didn't see each other anymore or talked,she always has been my constant.
Now I realize that meeting her years ago was one hell of a serendipitous encounter.

"I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid,
I have loved you for a thousand years,
I'll love you for a thousand more."

I love her for sure. But not the type people in relationship tends to have because relationships  break.This I knew would never.
"Are you even listening to me?" She barked as I came back to my senses.
I do not remember the conversation we had in between all this.
She was giving me a big fat lecture as far as I can remember.
"Sorry I spaced out.So much for being an owl city fan." I grinned.
"You and your owl city.Huh Don't start dreaming amidst the driving or you will be dreaming your whole life up in the clouds" 
"Let's go back now.It's getting late."
We went back to the car.
"Mind if I be the DJ this time?" I asked,winking.
"Sure". She smiled.She knew what I was gonna play.
I put on our mutual favorite owl city track "Vanilla twilight."
I drove her back.
*********************************************************************
I woke up with a start.
5.30 am,16th April(2018),my cellphone displayed.
I hadn't had a dream about her in ages.
"Is it too early to call her"? I murmured to myself as I dialed her number.