fp,

Life Is A Cherry Blossom Tree-Chapter 1

12:50 Shrey Katsura 0 Comments



Life Is A Cherry Blossom Tree-Chapter 1



Sickness could be of many types.

Some curable and some not. Back then I 
didn't know  what type mine was.
*******************************
"Ahh.Holy shit! Oh yeah-hh that's good..That's more like it."
I moaned with pleasure as I climaxed ,thinking about my former girlfriend rolling around with her  boyfriend,
He  doing those stuffs to her which I didn't get to .Yes this is what turned me on the most.


"Holy fuck that was good!"
I relaxed as my body reached its ultimate pleasure.
Some might think that's crazy. Funny back then I thought the same.
Every time I climaxed I had this guilt in me, That what I was doing was wrong.
That I shouldn't pleasure myself thinking about someone I once loved dearly being sexually involved with someone else.
I was aware that  my thoughts were criminal.But thoughts are like Fuji river.You can't control them.
Sometimes you just gotta accept yourself the way you are.
But the path to that phase is difficult yet insanely beautiful.


Lying in my bed I was halfway through the dream land when my phone started screaming.
" Fuck! Can't even get a proper night sleep now."
I checked my phone,it was Midori. One  of the  only friend I was in contact with after I left my hometown of Nanbu,Yamanashi.
There were no high schools in that place so my parents sent me to Shinjuku, the city that never sleeps.

"Wake up you ass! It's school time.
And yes, call me back in the evening, I have to tell you so many things."
I re-read her text message twice.
Her "things" generally involved crushing on different guys of her class and then gossiping about them with me.
I smiled, she was a rainbow in my otherwise colourless life.

It was dawn already, I sighed as I got up to get ready for the school.
Climaxing every morning before school was probably the best part of the day. The rest of the time was a complete downhill.
 I hated my school. I hated the city. I wasn't one for the city life but I had no  other choice  than to leave Yamanashi if  I wanted to complete  my education.Besides  there was too much history.


I lived in a single bedroom apartment.
Of course, my parents didn't shift with me.
It was a good thing though, I did felt lonely at times, not that I missed them much.

I was ready to go out when I got a call from one of my classmate-Yuto.


"Hey buddy! You coming?"
"I'm just getting out,will reach Saikyo Line by 7.45 am.Meet me there."                        
"Sure thing." I texted back.


It was the beginning of spring.
The season of cherry blossoms.
Back in Yamanashi, cherry blossoms were a common sight.
My dad used to tease me always that I'm just like a cherry blossom tree, beautiful but fragile.
In Shinjuku, one couldn't find cherry blossoms easily.
This was one of the reasons I didn't like the place.
To tell you the truth I found it quite overwhelming at first because the city was always so bustling and crowded.

I hated hanging around public places, Sometimes I wondered whether I was the only one not moving.
Everybody seemed so happy, laughing around and talking loudly as if they cared about nothing else but the present.
Me, I was in a different state altogether.

I reached Shinagawa station where I was supposed to meet Yuto.
"Damn this guy is never on time!" I mumbled as I put on my headphones, it helped me endure the public appearances I occasionally made.
Oh, haven't introduced myself yet have I?

I'm Rin Kobayashi. I'm 16 years old.
My story didn't begin today,I have been through some shit  but this day started something new,
The change I had feared would never embrace me.

"HEY RIN! Over here!"
Yuto waved from the other side of the platform.
I waved back and started to walk towards him.
"It has been a month since you shifted here and you still get confused about the route to our school?"
"Sorry, I..I spaced out a little."
"Never mind, let's go," Yuto said as we walked our way towards the school.
Hakuo Academy, one of the finest school in all of Tokyo region,
I still can't believe how I got into it.

"So how was the weekend bitch?" I teased Yuto.
He went out with Hana and was bursting to tell everything.
"Dude it was incredible!" We went to this cafe and the Yakitori there were so delicious!
I believe I had a foodgasm after the first bite."
I sighed. All he cared for was food after all.
"Dude really? I meant how was the date? Don't tell me you spent all the time eating."
He chuckled.
"Of course not.And besides, it wasn't a date.We were just hanging out.
Hayate was supposed to be there too but he bailed on us just like always.
I don't blame him though."
"Where was Hayate anyways?"

Hayate was one of my other classmate and the only other person  I hung out with except Yuto.
It's funny how all of us were friends.
Yuto was tall, incredibly sweet and caring, whereas Hayate was incredibly short and had a god like humour. Cheap humour I should say.
He believed that humour could only be good if it was vulgar and cheap.
He was cool though. I always thought that he isn't what he pretends to be.
But then I never could guess because Hayate never let anywhere near close to him.

"He ain't coming to the class.That sleepy bastard.I can't understand how he gets away with such less attendance." Yuto complained.
"The power of speech my friend."
"Where's the first class anyway?" I asked.
"Uh-no we ain't going to the class. We are going to this speech competition.
Don't tell me you forgot about that! We were supposed to prepare our topics last week."
"Holy fuck Yuto! You could have reminded me of this last night."
"I'm sorry.I thought you knew."
"Damm, Yumi sensei would  kill me."

We had no choice than to go to this competition.
It carried a hefty amount of marks and was necessary.
Not that I cared.

We entered the class five minutes late.
Apparently, everyone and their mother had the same damn idea as nobody had prepared their topics and as expected, Sensei was in a furious mode.

"Does anybody in this class takes me seriously?" She screamed.
"If I  don't have anyone on stage in five minutes you guys are getting slammed by grade "P" on your report cards this year on my subject.
Everybody was suddenly worried.
It's funny how one moment you don't give a shit about something and the other moment you're crying about it.
This world is so superficial.
But I guess other people do care about their grades.

"Sensei! Rin and I are prepared! We will be up on the stage in a minute!"
"Good for you guys then," Yumi said as she smiled.
"WE ARE?!" I asked Toru.

Toru was our class topper and its obvious his grades were the only thing he loved.
Unfortunately, Yumi had made him my partner which I happen to realize this very moment.
"Of course w-e a-r-r-e!" He stuttered. He was losing it.

" We discussed it last week right? 
About mental sickness, depression and stuff.
We have both been through it.You can speak about how those video games helped you overcome it and I can give example of how music helped me." He tried to smile,he couldn't.

"Okay, give me a minute. Let me think this through." I told him.
Its true I wasn't much worried, There were very few things I was good at.
Giving speech was one of them especially when there's a topic you are interested in.
"Mental illness." I murmured under my breathe.
"Now haven't I been there?"

"Okay, Toru I'm ready, let's go talk to Yumi sensei."
We went up to the stage, Toru right behind me as if he wanted me to take the lead.
I started speaking.
I went on and on for like ten minutes about depression and how video games could help overcome it.

"Video games these days are the most immersive medium of entertainment and it can help you ease off the real world pressure and make you feel better."
"Why blow off your head in real with an accumulation of negative thoughts when you can blow off  heads in a zombie infested world?" I winked as I finished my speech.
It went well I suppose as everyone applauded really loud.

"Mr Koboyashi that was indeed really good on your behalf.
Of course, there's room for improvement but we will get to that later.
I believe your friends should thank you for saving the day.
(I looked around, nobody thanked.)
Time's nearly over and we will meet tomorrow class.
Good day."  As Mrs Yumi strolled out of the room.

"Jeez that was something isn't?" asked Yuto.
"You stole the thunder  boy" as he punched me on the shoulder.
I smiled.
"That was nothing. Let's get out of here. I'm starving."
"Sure thing."

We started to walk out as a girl in our class came to talk to me.
"Hey. You spoke really well. I wasn't aware that there were good speakers in our class. Good job there."
I'm Kumi Ishikawa by the way, It's nice to meet you."
She smiled.
That smile......
She wore a salmon pink shirt and black denim that clutched to her body.
Her long black hair was tied in a high pony and she wore a  full rim black spectacles.
There was this seriousness in her face even though she was smiling.
She seemed like a girl you don't mess with.

It was a lot to take in. I hadn't been appreciated for a long time so this was new.
"I'm eh-Rin."  I stuttered.
(Damm it why now,)As I shook her hands.
That first touch.......
"Anyways I have to go, See you later." She winked as she went away.

"Who on earth was she?" I asked Yuto.
I had never seen her before.
"Jesus Rin do you ever notice anyone?
Everybody knows Kumi Ishikawa.
She belongs to the top tier of the students.
"You mean the stuttering group of assholes like Toru?" I asked with a poker face.

"Funny.But no she's good.I have heard she's in the literary club.The intellectual type.
Interested are you?" He teased.
"No of course not. But yes she does seem interesting."
"Enough of her, where are we headed to? The next class starts in fifteen minutes."  Yuto asked.

"You go, I'm skipping the next one. I need to go and see Hayate. 
Catch you later?"
"Ya sure. Go ahead," he said as he went towards the class.
I felt weird. This girl seemed special somehow.
"Its nothing really. Nobody has talked to you nicely in a long time and that's it."
I told myself.
I called Hayate.

"Hey fuck face what's up?"
"Get your lazy ass up and meet me at Tajimaya coffee house in fifteen minutes. I have something to discuss." I told him.
"You are the boss. Coming right up" as I went out to catch a train to the Omoide yokocho district.
                                                                                                           


                                                                                                                To be continued.......