series.

Life is a cherry blossom tree.(Chapter 2)

08:05 Shrey Katsura 0 Comments




"Do you miss me, baby?"
"Of course you do. I was the only good thing you ever had. I was a diamond in your charcoal life.'"
"And now I'm gone and you have lost everything."
"How does it feel? To become a slave from being a king"
"You could have had it all. Every part of my body was your's and now you have lost it."
"You have lost everything."
************************************************
"Ouch! that hurts you know." I cried angrily.
Hayate had slapped me hard on my cheek.
"Dude its the second time you had spaced out while talking to me today.
I have been trying to tell  you about this series I have  been watching and I need you to listen."
" Ya uh-go ahead."
I had spaced out again, thinking about a person who didn't exist for me anymore.

We were at Tajimaya coffee house in the Omoide yokocho district, the oldest street in Shinjuku.
Its narrows alleyways resembled the Tokyo of the 19th century.
Of course, the people who visited this place came here for that very reason, to witness the classic Japanese culture and cuisines or maybe just feel nostalgic about a time went by.

"What are you having"? He asked me.
I ordered a chocolate frappe for myself as well as for him. I had to pay for him anyway.

"So there's this guy inspired by his childhood idol and dreams of becoming the king of pirates.
It's so fucking crazy and motivational  I'm telling you. You need to watch this, it will blow your fucking mind up."
I sighed.

Hayate had a rule, to watch or follow only those animes or series that were met with critical reception.
That was one thing I didn't like about him.
He was so original when it came to other stuff, his entire life, but at this, he would mould other people's opinion into his own, It was crazy.

"Hayate, you know I don't follow your recommendations. Its never for me, besides I have a lot going on at the moment.
I don't have  time to watch a series ranting about pirate hunters for  one thousand episodes."
"Don't you dare say anything about-" I cut him off.
"Look I need to tell you something, I met this girl today.
Kumi Ishikawa, did you know she's in our class?" I asked him.
"Ah-ha the girl with the great ass."
"Of course I know her in and out."
"fuckin stop-"
"Haha, just fucking with you."
"She is a nice girl with a nice rack and I believe she's seeing someone."
"She is?" I don't know why my heart sank a little.
A few hours back I wasn't even aware of her existence.
Maybe some things can't be explained.

"Yes, I have seen her hanging around with this guy of other section a couple of times, nothing serious though,
Wait, Do you fucking like her? Oh my god! This is fucking huge!"
"NO! It's nothing such." I blushed.
" She just came and talked to me today you know, said I spoke really well in the competition."
"It just umm seemed nice, that's all." I ranted all that in one breathe and now I was embarrassed.

"Well if you wanna talk to her, we can get you her phone number from our class  group." He winked.
"What? No! That would be like the creepiest thing I have ever done."
" Okay fuck face, there's always just two option in everything.
Here it is that either she will block you or talk to you nicely, after all, it was she who approached you today now didn't she?"
I loved how he was always so crystal clear about taking decisions.
That's why I usually came to him for such advices, He would make a good leader.

He was right, she did approach me.
"Look it would still be creepy, I can't decide right now.
Anyways I should get going.I need to complete some assignments, you should do too."

"Ya okay fuck face,I need to watch at least twenty episodes before school tomorrow and I guess I wasted enough time here now."
"Sure, don't go melting your eyes off." I warned him.
He chuckled,"I'll try not to."
This guy was crazy. Wasn't everyone though?

I walked out, and towards my apartment.
It wasn't far.
The wind picked up and Shinjuku was howling.
It was a sweet howl, one I could get used to.
My untidy and long hair messing with my head as I walked towards Yuto's favourite  Yakitori shop in the district.
I wasn't much of a foodie until I started hanging out with him.
Yuto believed that food were a better companion than people sometimes.
They were an emotion and could help reduce stress  and make you feel better when nothing else worked.
It did worked though,sometimes.

The smell of fresh  Yakitori sent butterflies down my tummy.
"I have to send its picture to Yuto, He would come running down here this very minute.
 I chuckled thinking about that.
I was friends with some weird people.

I watched my silhouette smiling at me. Things were changing, slowly I guess.
This girl could be a part of the reason maybe, after all, I haven't  really been interested in anyone since what forever? I asked myself.



My head started to ache as I walked into my dark, empty house.
It looked just as messy as my head.
Dirty clothes lying all over my bed, left over ramen soiling the floor and my playstation  taking away all the space on my study table.
I sighed.
"Guess I gotta do some cleaning huh."

**********************************************************************


Night is a tricky time.
Some enjoy its coldness with the warmth of their loved ones, others  are left out -cold.
And then there are people whose  past haunts them at this time, trying to scare them, trying to break them.
People like me.
Sometimes I wished I could leave the lights on if they didn't bother with my sleep, but they do.
So here I'm, lying in the dark, cold and desperate for a sense of belonging, desperate for  one small drop of love,
a human soul around me.
Clutching the blanket tightly , I wonder.
I wonder when I'll love again, I wonder when I'll be immensely happy like a sunflower on a bright sunny day.
I wonder when I'll cry again, because by crying you let go of many things and you feel better, you feel light.

Umm, you want me  don't you? You are probably imagining me lying over my new boyfriend while he sucks me on the places you did once.
You miss them don't you? You miss my flesh.

"Ahhh!! SOMEBODY MAKE THIS STOP!!!!!!!!!!!"

I screamed in agony as I sat up right, sweaty and breathing fast.
It was another one of my nightmare.
There was nobody to hear me or help me, I had to help myself.
That is why I hated the nights.
Her thoughts would embrace me, it was horrendous.
The worst of it all was that it turned me on.
I felt disgusted at myself.


"Damn, I must have fallen asleep."
My stomach twirled with hunger.
Hopefully the  now -cold  Yakitori was still there.
" I need to wash my face."
The water was freezing and I freezed too when those icy drops of heaven touched my face
Splashing cold water  after a nightmare always felt relieving.
I came and lied down on my bed.

My phone blinked , I had two missed calls, both from Midori.
"Shit, she must be waiting."
I called her back.

"Hello."
"Hey."
"I didn't call back because I knew you would once you were free. So what were you up to?" She asked.
"Nothing, I umm just woke up. I had slept early you see. What time is it again?"
"It's 2 am in the morning, you know we can talk tomorrow, I think you should sleep."
"NO! I mean its completely fine, lets talk, I'm not sleepy at all now." I tried to laugh and ease  the vibe, It worked.

It was true I wasn't sleepy anymore, being alone wasn't an option, I needed her now more than ever.
"Oh umm sure then." She smiled.
I knew she wanted to tell me stuffs.

"So how was your day?" I asked .
"Pretty good. You know there's this guy Haruto, he is in my class you see.
He asked me out, kind off like a date. Do you think I should go?"
"I mean I don't know him well, We have talked a few times here and there but umm should I?"
Apparently, I had been taking Midori's life decisions for some time now.
She trusted me with all this.
"Ya-ya sure you should go, Look if your instincts say he's good then give it a try okay? " I tried re-assuring her.

I always had this flinch whenever she mentioned other guys and stuffs.
It was like I didn't want anyone else to be a part of our family.
Yes, I considered her family.

Midori and my friendship's initial days were troublesome and complicated.
When I look back, I'm just astonished at how far  we have come.

"Hmm, I don't know yet, I'll think about it.I'll ask Kuzuki about it as well. He would know what to do."
Kuzuki was her roomate's boyfriend. He played her elder brother at school.
I wondered whether I should tell her about Kumi.

"Yes, he would, listen I should really get back to sleeping now. It's nearly three.
"Ya of course, I'm sorry, Sleep tight okay? Goodnight," were here last words for the day.
I went back to my bed and slept like a baby.
Spending time with her always worked.



TO BE CONTINUED.








0 comments: