general

VOID

11:15 Shrey Katsura 0 Comments


For a moment I was drawn into a helpless void, covered in pitch black. In that specific moment I could no longer comprehend anything, all I wanted was to be engulfed in this void that was bestowed upon me.

The voices of the people that loved me, or the ones I loved were dangling by my ears, but they all seem distant and illusory, nothing felt real anymore. As if my own existence was fake. Bearing the burden of multiple heart breaks while trying to cope up with the expectations of others, I was crumbling, being suckled slowly into this puddle of a void.

For a moment I gave on to it, what could be worse? Freedom and peace would be granted, for that is what I desired the most. For a moment I believed I couldn’t go on living with all the baggage I have been carrying, a mystifying future and a wobbly present doesn’t help either.

But something dragged me out, something akin to god, or a rainbow or an imaginary entity, showing me a glimpse of what I could be in the future if I didn’t let go. Whatever that was, carried an eloquent energy in the air, for I could see a bright light up ahead.

And so just like that, that  tiny moment came to an end, I didn’t give in to the darkness of the void, delaying my freedom and peace yet again for an incomprehensible period of time. What enveloped me than was again a sense of despair and hope together, crushing me from both sides of the pole, throwing me into that endless cycle of life yet again.

0 comments: